KARACHI: Father of the teenager gunned down by police in the Defence Housing Authority over the weekend said he had no faith in the police investigation after he was shown the CCTV video of his son’s killing.
Speaking to Geo News, Intezar’s father said he had seen the CCTV video of the shooting that claimed his son’s life adding that the shooters took aim and fired at his son.
A day earlier, DIG South Azad Khan had told journalists that police had CCTV footage of the incident and all the policemen involved had been arrested.
Intezar Ahmed was killed after the police’s Anti Car Lifting Cell (ACLC) officials opened fire on his car on Khayaban-e-Ittehad early Sunday,
CCTV: New details emerge
Narrating what he saw in the CCTV footage, Intezar’s father Ishtiaq Ahmed told Geo News that his son’s car was forced to stop by a black coloured vehicle. After Intezar stopped his car another vehicle approached his car from the left side. The first (black) car gave a suspicious signal to the second vehicle, the father said, after which men in civilian clothes on motorbikes arrived on the scene.
One of the men opened fire on Intezar, the deceased teenager’s father said. He added that while this happened someone else kept firing into the air from the left.
Intezar’s father added that there was a girl present in the vehicle but he does not know who she was but demanded that she be brought to light.
“That girl is the eye-witness of this murder,” the father told Geo News before adding that he was not shown the complete footage, only of the shooting.
“The police is involved in my son’s murder,” the father said adding, “why isn’t the girl in the video being brought forward?”
Earlier on Tuesday, the medico-legal officer’s (MLO) report was released which confirmed that Interzar died from a single bullet wound behind his ear.
The report also disclosed that other than the aforementioned body part, there was no mark of a bullet or torture on the body of the deceased.
Judicial inquiry ordered
Chief Minister Sindh, Murad Ali Shah has ordered a judicial inquiry into the murder of Intezar. During a conversation with Intezar’s father, the chief minister said an inquiry would be conducted according to the family’s wishes.
Cannot call it pre-meditated murder as yet: DIG South
Deputy Inspector General South Azad Khan while speaking to Geo News said that the SSP shouldn’t be have been present at the time of firing and the police is investigating his stance in the matter.
At the mention of judicial inquiry, he said that the decision is welcomed as it will ensure transparency of the investigation.
The DIG South said that the investigation is underway and it will be before time to say anything with finality.
While responding to a question, Khan said that it cannot be yet established if the murder was pre-meditated, adding that the parents of the deceased boy will be included at every part of the investigation.
Nothing will be hidden and the case is being investigated from every angle as it includes Section 302, said the DIG South.
Regarding the eyewitness who remained unscathed in the incident, the DIG said that due to her being an eye witness it was imperative to save her identity.